After 3 years without competing... I did the Greater Springfield Duathlon 2016


Well it has been 3 years without doing any multisport event and finally I decided to comeback to doing what I love but I am not good at 😝

Greater Springfield Duathlon takes place in Springfield Lakes (Queensland - Australia) , it is a tough hilly and chill course of

  • 10km Run
  • 40km Ride and 
  • 5 km Run (standard distance) 
It is a great event totally recommended to everyone living in Australia, is the first event of the Triathlon season in the state of Queensland and definitely will challenge your Aussie winter legs, the field and athletes are the best of the state, tough and super fast people, it was a pleasure to see how fast, how well trained, and developed are those guys and girls, I take my hat off to them 😃

Greater Springfield Duathlon 2016- Bike Leg
In my case without proper training I just decided to have one goal in my mind: Just finish it doing my best and without having in mind a PB or something like that, I just did it for fun, and because I can ride and run without any problems or injuries (something that I give thanks for everyday) the race was hard but I just enjoyed the bike course and beautiful surroundings of Springfield Lakes. I raced and finished with a smile on my face as usual.

My times are on Strava <---clic on here

And here are some photos taken by me lovely and supporting wife Barbara of my weekend warrior adventure:

Greater Springfield Duathlon 2016- Run Leg

Greater Springfield Duathlon 2016- Run Leg

Finally I leave you with this message: move, exercise, love life and don't dwell... every day is a gift, do what you love! 

Thanks for reading!

Oscar.

Unknown

Triathlon Officer, Triathlete wannabe and starting to do Trail Running lately

No comments:

Post a Comment